- Chris Stewart, Chair
2022 Pool Season
We are happy to announce that the pool will be opening for the 2022 season on Saturday, May 14th. To celebrate the opening, we are going to be providing Hot Dogs from Rolldogs Express and Italian Ice from 12:00 -2:00. Rolldogs is owned by fellow Fern Valley neighbors Andrea and Mauro Parziale.
That evening, and weather permitting, we will be having a kids movie night in the pool parking lot. Popcorn will also be provided by Rolldogs. The movie, ENCANTO, will begin around 8:00 PM. Please plan to bring your own lawnchairs and any additional food and drinks you would like. We hope that you will be able to join us for one or both of those events.
Also of note, during the off-season we upgraded our pool access system. Pool key cards will be activated upon opening for all Fern Valley residents who have paid current dues and late fees in full. If you have lost your key, a new one can be obtained for a fee of $50. If you have any questions or issues with regards to your pool key or pool access, please reach out to email@example.com.
We hope to see everyone on the 14th!
2021 Pool Season
The pool will be open May 8, 2021 – September 26, 2021
(Our closing date is tentative. We may have to close earlier due to inclement weather. )
Pool key cards will be activated upon opening for all Fern Valley residents who have paid current dues and late fees in full. If you have lost your key, a new one can be obtained for a fee of $50. If you have any questions or if you require a new or replacement pool card key, contact Chris Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also take time to familiarize yourself with the Pool Rules, which will also be posted in the glass cabinet in the cabana hallway.
Fern Valley Pool Committee Chair
Please take the time to familiarize yourself with the pool rules. They will also be posted inside the glass cabinet in the cabana entry way.
All violations of the Fern Valley pool rules will be taken seriously and may result in the suspension of pool privileges.
2021 FERN VALLEY POOL RULES
FOR POOL MEMBERS AND GUESTS
May 8, 2021 – September 26, 2021
NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY
Required by the State of North Carolina for Pool Licensing:
- No more than 21 people in the water at any time
- No running, boisterous, or rough play
- NO DIVING
- Children under age 16 MUST have adult supervision at all times
- Adults should not swim alone
- No one under the influence of alcohol or drugs may use pool at any time
- No one may use the pool who has open sores or nasal or gastrointestinal infections
- NO SMOKING, NO ALCOHOL, NO DRUGS allowed on property
- No animals of any kind are allowed on pool property
- NO GLASS allowed on pool property
- First aid kit and telephone available for emergencies
Required by Fern Valley HOA:
- All persons use the pool at their own risk. Owners & HOA management are not responsible for accidents or injuries
- Pool is for private use of Fern Valley Pool Members & Guests only
- Fern Valley HOA may deny pool use to any person at any time
- Children under 16 MUST be supervised by adult member who is 21 years or older
- No guests allowed without a Fern Valley Pool Member who is 21 years or older
- Guests limited to four (4) per Fern Valley Pool Member household
- Party Permit required for more than four (4) guests per household at any time (See Party Rules below)
- No fence jumping; “No Trespassing” sign posted
- No eating or drinking at edge of pool
- Swim pants required for all children who are not toilet trained
- Each person is responsible for tidying up and closing umbrellas
- NO ALCOHOL, DRUGS, OR SMOKING; NO GLASS CONTAINERS
- Disability chair/pool lift was installed at the pool to assist our residents who have limited mobility. This lift is ONLY to be used by those with mobility issues. No one else may operate it, sit on it, etc. This also goes for the battery-charging station in the cabana. Please make sure your children and guests are aware of this policy. Any observed violations will result in loss of pool privileges for the season.